How to choose a safe supplement?
With thousands of supplements in the market, and little regulations on supplements, finding a suitable one is difficult enough, let alone finding a SAFE one!
Here we will look at 5 things that you can look for when buying or using supplements, it can help you to avoid risky products and limited the chance of using something unsafe:
1. Look for registrations
In some country, there are registration systems on supplement or herbal products, in which case the safety of the product should be more trustable. But in most country, they do not have such regulations. Therefore we must check for its safety before buying.
2. Look for safety tests
This is one of the most direct way to see if a supplement is safe. There are different safety test that can be carry out on supplements, including toxicity test (which involve testing with animals), heavy metal test, microbial test and residual Pesticides, etc.
3. Check selling history
We can have a good judgement of the product safety by researching the products selling history, having been in the market for a long time is more likely to have resolved any possible problems and any risks with the product should’ve been identified, therefore it's more likely to be a safe choice.
4. Look for research data
Investigate and look for research data, there are many resources in libraries and online. Find materials from reliable third parties, such as researchers or government agencies. US National Library of Medicine (www.pubmed.gov) is a good place to look, where they collect valuable and trustable research over the world and are open to public online.
5. Start only one product at a time
This way you will know if the product causes any side effects. When trying for a new supplement, just it for a few times, which should be long enough to spot any kind of side effects. You should also take note of any side effects while taking the product and report to the supplier or the any health administrations.
What about YHK therapy? How safe is it?
1. Over 25 years of selling history: mainly sold in Japan, other countries includes: USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, etc
2. Passing a range of safety tests listed below including:
- Heavy Metals or Toxic Elements Test on Arsenic, Cadmium, Lead, and Mercury levels
- Microbial Limit Test on Aerobic plate count, Molds count and Escherichia coli count
- Residual Pesticides Test, Including: Aldrin and Dieldrin, Chlordane, DDT, Heptachlor, Hexachlorobenzene and others
- Acute Oral Toxicity testing - To use YHK for 9000 time the normal dose for 1 month to monitor for any side effects
- Long Term Toxicity testing - To check for side effects any using max dose for 6 months or above
3. A range of research study tested on safety, side effects, and ingredients quality.
4. Published research data on US National Library of Medicine (www.pubmed.gov) , including human trail case study.
- * All research and clinical data should be used as reference purposes only, results may vary.