Ten Signs of Cirrhosis
Know the symptoms of cirrhosis
Cirrhosis is a type of chronic liver disease. Complications of cirrhosis could causes death. Upper gastrointestinal bleeding is the most common complications of cirrhosis, and hepatic encephalopathy due to cirrhosis is the most common cause of death. Therefore, we must discover early signs of deterioration of cirrhosis.
During chronic liver disease like cirrhosis, if any of the following or similar symptoms occur or symptoms worsen. Cirrhosis patients should check with their doctor as soon as possible, testing and treatment is required.
- 1. Feel tired very quickly and very weak.
- 2. Terrible loss of appetite, eat less then 200g of food a day.
- 3. Abdomen feels full and heavy, difficulties sleep and breathing. We recommend patients visits to the doctor as soon as possible when any of these symptoms occurs.
- 4. An apparent tendency to bleed, such as, bleeding from the gums, nosebleeds, blood spots on the skin and mucous membranes, congestion of blood remains and blood traces after injection. Moreover, black stool and blood in the stool, these are all symptoms of tendency to bleed. If enzyme tests drop below 40%, then this may be seen as a sign of gastrointestinal bleeding.
- 5. Ascites, swelling of the legs, face, and abdomen, these are also symptoms of cirrhosis worsening.
- 6. Reduced amount of urine, urine under 500ml per day is sign of cirrhosis worsening.
- 7. Uncontrollable hyperthermia, and high neutral white blood cells.
- 8. Low sodium in blood, low potassium and low blood sugar appeared, and treatment has no effects.
- 9. Confusion and problems thinking appears, or suddenly become excited, direction and judgement failure appears, these are signs of cirrhosis worsening and hepatic coma.
- 10. Reappear jaundice, jaundice index markedly elevated.
Cirrhosis patient should keep these points in mind, keep attention on their body’s condition. During treatment, cirrhosis must have enough rest and a balance life style and diet. Also they should look for treatment and supplements that are suitable for them.